From 17 May 2021 the Barn can reopen for film screenings under the Scottish government’s revised Strategic Frame for Levels 0 - 2.
The health and wellbeing of our patrons, staff and volunteers is our number one priority. We’re following the official government guidance on working safely during coronavirus to make sure we are Covid-secure.
Measures we’ve introduced so far include:
· Carried out an appropriate COVID-19 risk assessment which will be updated should risks change, or new issues occur
· Deep cleaned the building
· Reduced audience capacity with social distanced seating
· Displayed the maximum limit for the premises calculated on the basis of physical distancing constraints near the entrance
· Introduced a safe distancing queuing system to ensure patrons can enter and leave the building, as well as circulate in the internal areas at a safe distance
· Introduced a one-way system to enter / exit the venue to make it easier for everyone to remain physically distanced
· Set up hand sanitiser dispensers at entry/ exit points
· Provide additional hand sanitiser and disposable paper towels throughout the building (gallery, bar, auditorium, foyer, toilets) and signage to encourage regular hand-washing
· Implemented a cleaning regime to include washing or wiping down all touchpoints and surfaces accessible to patrons with antibacterial products before and after each screening
· One of our team will be on hand at all times to point you in the right direction
· In line with Scottish Government guidelines our team will be wearing face coverings.
We are asking all patrons over 5 years old to bring and wear a face covering at all times when in the building
· Put up signs to remind patrons, visitors and staff to wear face coverings where they are required
· Shielded the Box Office and payment desk with a perspex screen
· Ask all patrons to adhere to current physical distancing rules as laid down by the Scottish Government of 2m from anyone not in your extended household, except for children under 12
- Ensure patrons are aware of the legal limits on group sizes and put up signs to remind patrons to interact only with their group
· Redesign seating layouts for every screening according to bookings and utilise allocated seating system
· Advance telephone or internet booking only (no door sales, booking closes 2 hours before start time)
· All ticket checks conducted visually only
· Contactless payments encouraged
· Displayed clear Covid-19 safety signage reflecting current Scottish guidelines
· Redesigned routes to the seats and the toilets to enable 2m between patrons
· Ensure toilets and facilities are regularly cleaned and have sufficient supplies of soap and tissues
· Provide adequate natural ventilation (opening windows, doors and vents), mechanical ventilation (fans), or a combination of both between screenings
· Require those attending a screening to confirm they have no Covid-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever, loss or change in sense of smell or taste) and turn people with COVID-19 symptoms away
· Support NHS Test and Trace by collecting patron’s contact details and keeping records for 21 days. This will be done via our ticketing system, or with official NHS QR code posters or manually
· Put up messages on the screen to remind patrons of guidelines
We’ll continue to review and manage any risks and to respond to any changes in the guidance, keeping our staff and volunteers trained and up to date as we go.
We are very excited to be welcoming you back to films at the Barn.
As a result of Covid-19 you will notice some differences in the way we manage our screenings and what we ask of our patrons. We want everyone to have a great experience at the same time as keeping everyone safe!
Please read these guidelines and see our orientation video so you know what to expect.
Plan Your Visit
Pre-booking is essential
We will be limiting the number of patrons. To manage this, tickets must be booked in advance here: https://thebarnarts.ticketsolv...
Bookings close 2 hours before the start time. There will be no on the door sales.
When booking tickets for a group please follow government guidelines around the "Rule of Six" and comply with any local restrictions in place.
There’s no need to print your ticket – just say your name to our host on entering the Barn or have your phone ready for visual inspection.
Keep others safe
When you arrive at the venue, please observe social distancing at all times and avoid waiting around in public areas unless in a queue.
Please wash your hands when appropriate and use our sanitising stations with our compliments.
You must wear a face covering during your visit, for your safety and the safety of others.
We have strict guidelines for any of our colleagues who may begin to show early symptoms to stay away from the venue. We would welcome all of our guests to do the same and stay home if
have symptoms of illness such as a cough, sore throat or fever or have been in contact in the past 14 days with someone who has coronavirus.
If you have already booked a ticket but cannot make it, get in touch with us here: email@example.com
Patrons with children should keep them close by at all times and listen to instructions from our team.
When you arrive
Please allow sufficient time to park safely if you are coming by car.
Please note that to in order to avoid congestion, we are NOT using our main entrance and foyer. Entry is via the Gallery doors at the side of the Barn. You will be met at this entrance by one of our team who will check your name against our booking list. You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided before moving to the queuing area in the Gallery and adjacent Bar area, following our one-way system. You will be shown the route to your pre-allocated seat by one of the team.
Please meet up with other members of your party before entering the Barn as there are no designated meeting spaces indoors.
Please arrive in good time for your scheduled start time. Late comers may not be admitted
Please avoid bringing unnecessary items with you.
Stations offering sanitising gels and wipes with our compliments will be available at allocated points.
To support social distancing, we have limited toilet facilities. The toilets will have a one-in-one-out queuing system. Signs and floor markings will clearly guide you through the venue. You may be asked to exit through a different door.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or access needs so we can make the appropriate provision.
How we’re supporting NHS Test & Protect
When visiting the Barn, we will already have your data and some information about you from your online booking. We will use this information if needed for the NHS Test and Protect service to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The government has asked organisations to do this in order to keep our patrons and employees safe. In Scotland, anyone aged 12 and over is asked to leave their contact details to support the Test & Protect system. The fastest way to do this is for everyone in your party to download the Test & Protect App now, and then simply check in when you arrive at the venue.
Cinemas are mandated to:
· Ask every customer or visitor to provide their name and contact details, not just a lead member of the group
· Keep a record of all staff working on our premises and shift times on a given day, and their contact details
· Keep these records of patrons, visitors and staff for 21 days and provide data to NHS Test and Trace if requested
· Display an official NHS QR code poster, so that patrons and visitors can ‘check in’ using this option, as an alternative to providing their contact details. However, we must still have a system to collect (and securely store) names and contact details for those who do not have access to a smartphone
· Ensure we manage this information in line with data protection regulations
Further information can be found here:
Eating & drinking
Hot drinks, cakes, bakes available from 10am - 4pm Thursday - Sunday
Please contact the Bistro for hot take-away meals to enjoy at their outside tables or to book a ‘bistro booth’ for indoor eating
Tel: 01330 826530
Get in touch
We're happy to help with any questions you might have. Send us an email.
Things will feel a little bit different, but we will do what we can to make sure you enjoy your visit.
Get ready to sit back, switch off and stay safe.
WE THANK OUR GUESTS FOR WORKING WITH US TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE.
the Barn Team