From 30th October 2020 the Barn will re-open for films and screenings following the guidelines of the Scottish government. As we welcome you back, find out how we are keeping you safe so that you can plan your visit.
The health and wellbeing of our patrons, staff and volunteers is our number one priority. We’re following the official government guidance on working safely during coronavirus to make sure we are Covid-secure.
Measures we’ve introduced so far include:
· Carried out an appropriate COVID-19 risk assessment
· Deep cleaned the building
· Introduce a one-way system to enter / exit the venue
· Have a safe distancing queuing system to ensure patrons can enter and leave the building, as well as circulate in the internal areas at a safe distance
· Set up hand sanitiser dispensers at entry/ exit points
· Provide additional hand sanitiser and disposable paper towels throughout the building (gallery, bar, auditorium, foyer, toilets) and signage to encourage regular hand-washing
· Cleaning regime to include washing or wiping down all touchpoints and surfaces accessible to patrons with antibacterial products before and after each screening
· One of our team will be on hand at all times to point you in the right direction
· In line with Scottish Government guidelines our team will be wearing face coverings
· We are asking all patrons over 5 years old to bring and wear a face covering
· The Box Office and payment desk has been shielded with a perspex screen
· We are asking all patrons to adhere to current physical distancing rules as laid down by the Scottish Government
· Audience capacity reduced with social distanced seating
· Redesign seating layouts for every screening according to bookings and utilise allocated seating system
· Advance telephone or internet booking only (no door sales, booking closes 3 hours before start time)
· All ticket checks conducted visually only
· Contactless payments encouraged
· Display clear Covid-19 safety signage reflecting current Scottish guidelines
· Customers routes to the seats and the toilets redesigned to enable 2m between patrons
· Ensure toilets and facilities are regularly cleaned and have sufficient supplies of soap and tissues
· Open fire doors as necessary to provide ventilation
· Require those attending a screening to confirm they have no Covid-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever, loss or change in sense of smell or taste) and have not been in close contact with anyone who has within a 14-day period prior to their workshop date
· Comply with Scottish government track and trace requirements
· Message on screen before each film to remind customers to respect social distancing
We’ll continue to review and manage any risks and to respond to any changes in the guidance, keeping our staff and volunteers trained and up to date as we go.
We are very excited to be welcoming you back to films at the Barn.
As a result of Covid-19 you will notice some differences in the way we manage our screenings and what we ask of our patrons. We want everyone to have a great experience at the same time as keeping everyone safe! Please read these guidelines so you know what to expect.
Plan your visit
Pre-booking is essential
We will be limiting the number of patrons. To manage this, tickets must be booked in advance here: https://thebarnarts.ticketsolv...
In the event you cannot book online, please call our Box Office on 01330 825431 between 12 and 4pm on Saturdays only.
Bookings close 3 hours before the start time. There will be no on the door sales.
When booking tickets for a group please follow government guidelines around the "Rule of Six" and comply with any local restrictions in place.
There’s no need to print your ticket – just say your name to our host on entering the Barn or have your phone ready for visual inspection.
Keep others safe
You must wear a face covering during your visit, for your safety and the safety of others. Please, stay at home if you have symptoms of illness such as a cough, sore throat or fever or have been in contact in the past 14 days with someone who has coronavirus.
If you have already booked a ticket but cannot make it, get in touch with us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrons with children should keep them close by at all times and listen to instructions from our team.
When you arrive
Please allow sufficient time to park safely if you are coming by car.
Please note that to in order to avoid congestion, we are NOT using our main entrance and foyer. Entry is via the Gallery doors at the side of the Barn. You will be met at this entrance by one of our team who will check your name against our booking list. You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided before moving to the queuing area in the Gallery and adjacent Bar area, following our one-way system.
You will be shown the route to your pre-allocated seat by one of the team.
Please meet up with other members of your party before entering the Barn as there are no designated meeting spaces indoors.
Please arrive in good time for your scheduled start time. Late comers may not be admitted.
Please avoid bringing unnecessary items with you.
To support social distancing, we have limited toilet facilities. The toilets will have a one-in-one-out queuing system. Signs and floor markings will clearly guide you through the venue. You may be asked to exit through a different door.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or access needs so we can make the appropriate provision.
Your Privacy and NHS Test and Trace
When visiting our venue, we will already have your data and some information about you from your online booking. We will use this information if needed for the NHS Test and Trace service to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The government has asked organisations to do this in order to keep our patrons and employees safe.
Eating & drinking
Hot drinks, cakes, bakes available from 10am - 4pm Thursday-Sunday
Please contact the Bistro for hot take-away meals to enjoy at their outside tables or to book a ‘bistro booth’ for indoor eating
Tel: 01330 826530
Get in touch
We're happy to help with any questions you might have. Send us an email on: email@example.com
Things will feel a little bit different, but we will do all we can to make sure you enjoy your visit.
Get ready to sit back, switch off and stay safe.
the Barn Team