Our Friends mission is simple: "to support the funding of the high-quality programme of events and educational workshops delivered by the Barn team."
Why become a Friend?
Many are surprised to learn that the Barn is a charity that receives only partial funding from local and national government. As a result, the Barn is highly reliant upon funds from its fundraising activities, and on the support of sponsors, donors and our loyal Friends to continue its work. We use a lot of the money for our educational projects, but also for things like maintenance of our building. You literally keep the roof over our heads!
Signing up is easy, just buy a membership online or download and print out a form at the bottom of the page.
Sign up Online
- Individual £25 (£20 when paid by standing order)
- Individual concession* £15 (£12 when paid by standing order)
- Couple/family £40 (£33 when paid by standing order)
- Life £250
Paying by standing order would be hugely appreciated if you are already a long-term Friend or are planning to become one - and it will give you reduced membership fees. You can download the standing order form at the bottom of the page and send this to your bank if you decide to do so. Many thanks!
* Concession means anyone who is claiming benefit or unemployed, in full-time education, senior citizen, disabled.
By becoming a Friend you are supporting us to:
- Use the arts and creativity to support the well-being of our community
- Nurture the next generation of great artists
- Help maintain and improve the Barn
Through the money raised through annual subscription fees to playing an active role on the Friends Committee or attending Barn events, the support you offer as a valued Friend enables us to continue our creative work.
In becoming a Friend, you will automatically enjoy a number of member benefits as thanks for your support. With membership starting from as little as £15 per year, your support really can make a world of difference.
Other than the feel-good factor for supporting your local arts venue, as a Friend of the Barn you are also receiving:
- Priority booking for popular events
- the Barn Events Diary posted to your address
- Discounted ticket prices when booked in advance where advertised (including just £4.50 per ticket to come and see our regular film screenings)
- Invitations to special Friends events
- Discounts at BuchananFood
Friends Application form
If you prefer to print out, fill out and send the form to us. This pdf includes a standing order form, for those of you wishing to set this up.Download