Our Friends mission is simple: "to support the funding of the high-quality programme of events and educational workshops delivered by the Barn team."
Why become a Friend?
Many are surprised to learn that the Barn is a charity that receives only partial funding from local and national government. As a result, the Barn is highly reliant upon funds from its fundraising activities, and on the support of sponsors, donors and our loyal Friends to continue its work. We use a lot of the money for our educational projects, but also for things like maintenance of our building. You literally keep the roof over our heads!
Signing up is easy, just buy a membership online or download and print out a form at the bottom of the page.
- Individual £25
- Individual concession* £15
- Couple/family £40
- Life £250
The above rates are for payments by direct debit. For any subscriptions paid by an alternative method there will be an additional £5 supplement.
* Concession means anyone who is claiming benefit or unemployed, in full-time education, senior citizen, disabled.
By becoming a Friend you are supporting us to:
- Use the arts and creativity to support the well-being of our community
- Nurture the next generation of great artists
- Help maintain and improve the Barn
Through the money raised through annual subscription fees to playing an active role on the Friends Committee or attending Barn events, the support you offer as a valued Friend enables us to continue our creative work.
In becoming a Friend, you will automatically enjoy a number of member benefits as thanks for your support. With membership starting from as little as £15 per year, your support really can make a world of difference.
Other than the feel-good factor for supporting your local arts venue, as a Friend of the Barn you are also receiving:
- Priority booking for selected events
- the Barn brochure posted to your address
- Discounted ticket prices when booked in advance where advertised (including just £4.50 per ticket to come and see our regular film screenings)
- VIP reserved seating for selected events
- Automatic entry into our quarterly Friends prize draw to win a pair of tickets to a selected performance
- Invitations to special Friends events
Friends Direct Debit form
To set up your membership as Direct Debit, please complete and return the Direct Debit form and membership form. If you prefer this can also be completed over the phone by calling 01330 825431 during box office hours, or in person at the box office. The payment for your membership will be set up for the 1st of the month.