The Barn deliver an ambitious and diverse year-round programme of performances, screenings, exhibitions, artists’ support programmes, talks, festivals, environmental learning projects and a community-focused programme of workshops, events and children’s activities that attracts around 20,000 visitors each year.
As the only arts centre of its kind in Aberdeenshire, the Barn plays a vital role in enabling rural audiences of all ages to access high-quality arts activities and creative learning opportunities within this large geographic area.
We balance our venue-based programme with curated projects that involve a wide range of partners from other professional fields: including academic researchers, scientists, healthcare professionals, educational specialists and ecologists, drawn from across the UK and internationally.
Our Aims are to:
- Generate enabling conditions for creativity
- Seek out artistic excellence
- Facilitate access to high quality artists and arts experiences that enhance the learning, wellbeing and development of our communities
- Foster long-term creative relationships that inform the learning, development and effectiveness of our organisation
- Encourage environmental stewardship and sustainable practices