Our flexible venue is capable of hosting everything from music gigs to international live-screenings, and with a highly-skilled technical team available to support all your event needs the Barn is the natural choice for event hire and touring productions alike.
3 x 6 way paradim. 3 x 6 way Act 6 (NB: please check in advance if you need all 36 channels)
Light processor Zip 18 controller (http://www.lightprocessor.co.uk/downloads/LP-zip-desk-install-manual-rev2-1106.pdf) 18 channel controller that expands to 36, records cues to subs – very basic.
- 6 x ETC Source 4 Junior Zoom 25/502 x Strand Prelude 28/40
- 8 x Selecon Acclaim Fresnel
- 5 x Strand Prelude Fresnel
- 4 x Strand Prelude PC
- 4 x Strand Nocturne Floods
- 12 x PAR 64 (C/W CP88 500w wide flood)
- 2 x Strand Brio Profile 18/30
- 2 x Strand Brio Profile 25/50
- Various other floods and profiles
63 Amp three phase socket at rear of house, please note that as there is limited power to the site, this represents the limit of the power available to the hirer and power calculation must include whatever is connected to the house dimmers as well.
4 x 32 Amp single phase sockets at rear of house (three of these are used for paradim dimmers, and there is a spare).
Currently all circuiting is arranged on semi-temporary wiring, there are bars slung below the cross-beams in the body of the hall, and various bars above the stage. Present arrangement includes c.18 circuits above stage, 12 circuits on No.1 FOH position, 8 circuits mid-hall, and 6 circuits at rear of hall. In addition there are a number of loose 15 amp cables and grelcos.
Allen and Heath GL2800/24 in control booth at rear of house, there is an option to play with the audience on the stage and performers on the floor, in which case there is a Mackie Onyx 1640 desk available for use.
House system is based around 4 x Martin F12’s and 2 x S18+, and four JBL RX112M wedge monitors. There are various other powered speakers available on site.
FOH control rack includes:
- Tascam MD 301 mini disc player
- BSS Opal 966 graphic on FOH
- Yamaha graphics for monitors
- TC Electronic M1 XL
- 2 x Alesis compressor/gates
- Mics and DI’s:
- 5 x SM58
- 2 x SM57
- 3 x AKG CK91
- 3 x Audio Technika 8538
- 4 x Audio Technika Proline
- 1 x Audio Technika ATM 25
- AKG Live tour drum mic set
- 2 x Sennheiser Handheld Radio mic
- 9 x Behringer Ultra DI 100 Active DI
- 2 x Nomad Active DI
- 2 x Mackie SRM450 full-range powered speakers with stands
- Mackie DFX12 Mixer
- Yamaha MG124CX mixer (6 mono, 4 stereo inputs)
- Mackie Onyx – 16 channels
Video/Projection and AV
- Denon DN-A7100 controller
- Denon DN-V500BD blu-ray and DVD player installed in control box. System is currently configured for 5.1 sound using repatched theatre sound system, although stereo playback is equally possible
- Panasonic PTDZ6700E projector with 1.8-2.4 lens mounted in auditorium
- Sanyo PLC-XT16 projector with hanging bracket (3500 ansi lumens)
- 5m Major C perforated screen (4.9m x 2.1m projection area), screen is permanently mounted above stage
- Fastfold Easi-Rect 144” x 83” (3.65m x 2.1m) portable screen
- LG blu-ray/DVD player
- Satellite – 2 x 1.2m dishes (IS 10-02 or 905), Fortec Star receiver
Boston Steinway Grand – NB: stored on stage and cannot be taken off
Upright Piano, on wheels, can be moved anywhere in building.
All public access areas are wheelchair accessible, stage is accessible via Gallery. There is an induction loop. Guide dogs are welcome.
The Barn is 23.6m x 11.1m, there is a stage at one end, 11.1m x 5.3m deep, it is at a height of 0.88m above floor level.
The body of the hall has a sprung dance floor with harlequin grey flooring permanently fitted to it. Floor to underside of cross-members is 3.50m. Roof is pitched, rising to 5.50m at apex.
Up to 240 seats, arranged as required, there are many lite-deck type rostra, to make raked seating if needed. Café style with round (12 x 6’) or rectangular (14 x 6’) tables, max 150 seats, also possible
In case you need to know anything elseEmail