You are warmly welcomed to the Annual General Meeting of Woodend Arts Ltd, the Barn’s governing charity, on Saturday 28 September at 11am.
The event will include short presentations from Barn Director Lorraine Grant on the Barn’s future plans and from artists who have received support from their Barn over the course of their careers.
Light refreshments will be served.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Woodend Arts Limited
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 8th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Woodend Arts Limited (WAL) will be held on
Saturday 28 September 2019, at 11am at the Barn, Banchory, AB31 5QA
1. Welcome and apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the 7th Annual General Meeting held on 19 October 2018
3. To receive the Chairman’s and Treasurer’s reports
4. To consider the annual accounts for the year-ending 31 March 2019
5. To appoint Trustees of the charity who are also directors of Woodend Arts Limited (see Notes 1 - 3).
a. The Members are invited to appoint Jessica Nicol to the Board for a period of three years (ending at the 2022 AGM)
b. To note that Anne Douglas, Gerry McDonald and Tommy Small retire by rotation and offer themselves for re-election.
6. To appoint Campbell Dallas as auditors of the charity (following their takeover of the previous auditors, Williamson & Dunn) and to authorise the Board to fix the auditors’ remuneration
7. To confirm the rates of membership subscriptions for the 2020/2021 financial year
8. Short presentation on the Barn’s strategic plans following the Board Development Day in July 2019
9. Any other business
1. Woodend Arts Limited is a registered Scottish Charity No. SC022620 and a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, Company No: 392079. All directors of the company are also trustees of the charity.
2. Trustees normally serve for three years and are then eligible for re-election; approximately one third of the Trustees retire each year. Trustees can be appointed by the Board at any time but must then be appointed by the Members at the following AGM.
3. The normal process that WAL follows for potential Board appointments is for prospective candidates to attend a Board meeting as an observer and to meet Board members. Subject to the candidate and the Board both wishing to proceed, the candidate is appointed to the Board and then put up for formal election at the next AGM.