Join the Board of the Barn
Would you like to shape the future of the Barn?
We are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to become Barn Trustees. We are interested in people from all walks of life to bring fresh thinking, skills and experience to our organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the development of one of Scotland’s most dynamic and experimental arts organisations.
The Barn is a vibrant arts organisation, based in Banchory, Aberdeenshire, that presents a varied programme of events including performance, films, talks, visual arts and projects that reach diverse communities to offer shared experience, create open dialogue and cause for reflection. The Barn creates and presents art that seeks to explore climate crisis and build environmental awareness. We connect and collaborate with organisations, audiences and artists, to improve the wellbeing of one another and the life web, and to inspire a future where people and the planet flourish.
Our Board is committed to making a positive impact in the organisation and the provision of arts for our communities.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience to complement the Board’s existing skills and experience, particularly in areas such as arts curation, venue management, fundraising, brand strategy, HR and Green Champions.
As a Board member:
- you will be responsible, with the other Board members for the governance of the Barn and for setting direction including strategy, creative direction and organisational structure
- you will be expected to attend Board meetings, which are held quarterly, usually Thursdays from 2-4pm, or more frequently if circumstances demand, and annual meetings for members and for Board development; currently meetings are held virtually by video but it is hoped to move to hybrid meetings soon
- you will be expected to prepare for these meetings by reading information and inputs provided by the team
- you will provide support and guidance to the Barn leadership team and wider team appropriate to your skills and experience
- you will be an ambassador for the Barn and uphold the Barn’s values
Appointments are generally for an initial period of 3 years. Board Members are voluntary and unpaid.
If you are enthused and energised by the opportunity to work with an inclusive and ambitious team please send a CV and covering letter or a video covering the same information to email@example.com with the subject Board Application by 5 November 2021.